Grizzly G0454Z - 20" 5 HP Planer w/ Spiral Cutterhead
G0454Z 20" 5 HP Planer w/ Spiral Cutterhead
98 inserts over 20" to produce a silky-smooth finish.
The 4-row spiral cutterhead of the G0454Z 20" 5 HP Planer produces silky-smooth finishes and greatly reduces tearout in figured woods. The 98 indexable, German-made carbide insert cutters can each be rotated three times to expose new, sharp cutting edges.
The 5 HP motor spins the cutterhead at 4800 RPM to plane your stock up to 20" wide by 8" thick as deep as 3/16".
Solid cast-iron and steel construction and large planing capacity make this planer a true heavyweight. With the built-in mobile base, you’ll be able to move this planer around your shop with ease.
The precision-ground cast-iron table and extension wings provide a lengthy 55-1/2" of support of your stock. The two-speed gear box offers feed rates of 16 FPM & 20 FPM for maximum versatility.
Like all Grizzly planers, the G0454Z comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0454Z manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the planer are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Note on replacement inserts:
For models manufactured April 2015 and later, use H7319 14mm x 14mm x 2mm replacement inserts.
For models manufactured March 2015 and earlier, use T21348 14.17mm x 14.17mm x 2.00mm replacement inserts.
- Motor: 5 HP, 240V, single-phase, 19A
- Maximum stock width: 20"
- Maximum stock thickness: 8"
- Minimum stock thickness: 3/16"
- Minimum stock length: 8"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row spiral, 98 inserts
- Insert size & type: 14mm x 14mm x 2mm, indexable carbide
- Cutterhead speed: 4800 RPM
- Feed rate: 16 FPM & 20 FPM
- Table size with extensions: 20" x 55-1/2"
- Dust port size: 5"
- Overall dimensions: 55-1/2" L x 39-1/2" W x 45-7/8" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 932 lbs.
- Built-in mobile base
- Precision-ground cast-iron table and extension wings
- Board return rollers
- Built-in lifting rods
- Angled dust port hood
- Rubber-coated outfeed roller
- Adjustable bed rollers
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Four-column support with table locks
- Two-speed feed rate