Grizzly G0505 - 12-1/2" 2 HP Benchtop Planer
- Motor: 2 HP
- Max cutting width: 12-1/2 in.
- Max cutting height: 6 in.
- Cutter Head Type: 2 Knife
- Cutter Head Diameter: 1 in.
- Min Stock Length: 6 in.
- Feed Rate(s): 32 FPM
- Table size: 11-1/2 in. x 12-1/2 in.
- Shipping weight: 78 lbs.
Product GroupPlaner/Moulder 12" and 13" Straight 13" Spiral 15" Spiral 15" Straight 20" Spiral 20" Straight 24" Spiral 24" Straight 25" Spiral
Hover to View Details
Showroom Pickup Availability
G0505 12-1/2" 2 HP Benchtop Planer
An affordable and entry-level benchtop wood planer.
The G0505 12-1/2" 2 HP Benchtop Planer was designed to be lighter to carry around and provide finished cuts faster, without lacking muscle or design quality.
Control thickness planing rough lumber from its natural form into dimensioned, whether in your shop or on the job site, into near-finished stock.
This 12-1/2" planer features a 2 HP motor, 10,000 RPM cutterhead, and a 32 FPM feed rate.
The dual HSS (high-speed steel) knives have been heat treated for hardness and wear resistance, which keeps a sharp edge longer than other carbon steels.
The 1/8"-thick knives (instead of the 1/16" thick knives on most portables) are proof that this dynamo will rule the jobsite for years!
To make planing a little simpler, the G0505 has extra-large infeed and outfeed table extensions, plus top-mounted return rollers.
Portable, Light, Perfect.
Upgrade to the three-knife G0939 for a wider cut with a finer finish.
Like all of the Grizzly Planers, the G0505 comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0505 manual was written by our US-based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your planer.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the planer may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 2 HP, 110V, single-phase, 15A
- Maximum cutting width: 12-1/2"
- Maximum stock thickness: 6"
- Minimum stock length: 6"
- Minimum stock thickness: 13/64"
- Maximum cut depth full width: 1/16"
- Maximum cut depth 6" wide: 3/32"
- Cutterhead speed: 10,000 RPM
- Cutterhead type: 2-Knife
- Cutterhead diameter: 1-7/8"
- Feed Rate: 32 FPM
- Overall dimensions: 21-3/4" W x 27-3/8" D x 18-3/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 78 lbs.
- Two reversible HSS knives in cutterhead
- Top-mounted return rollers
- Handwheel depth adjustment
- Inch and metric measuring scale toggle
- Convenient carry handles on sides
- On/Off Toggle switch with safety lock
- Thermal overload protection
- Includes knife setting jig and wrench