SB1015F South Bend 16" x 60" EVS Toolroom Lathe with Fagor DRO
As the name implies, the South Bend 16" x 60" EVS Toolroom Lathe feature EVS (Electronic Variable-Speed) spindle control, which allows the operator to quickly set the exact spindle speed within the available range of 20–2500 RPM.
Spindle speed is displayed on a Fagor digital readout and controlled within each speed range with the use of a dial—no changing gears or looking up complex lever positions on a chart.
The beds of these lathes are constructed with Meehanite castings that have been precision hardened and ground in the traditional 3-V prismatic design—long used on South Bend Lathes for its accuracy, durability and rigidity.
The headstock features quick-change gear levers and an adjustable clutch mechanism for the feed rod that can be set to prevent damage in the event of a crash.
To further ensure a high degree of accuracy, these lathes are equipped with NSK or NTN spindle bearings.
Like all South Bend lathes, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe are available on-line and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 7-1/2 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 11A
- Coolant motor: 1/8 HP, 0.18A
- Swing over bed: 16"
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Swing over cross slide: 10-3/8"
- Swing over gap: 22.95"
- Cross slide travel: 9.25"
- Compound slide travel: 5.1"
- Spindle nose: D1-6 Camlock
- Spindle bore: 2.0625"
- Taper inside spindle: MT#6
- Spindle speed: Variable, 20-2500 RPM
- RPM ranges: 20-400 low, 400-2500 high
- Inch threads: (45) 2 to 72 TPI
- Metric threads: (39) 0.2 to 14mm
- Modular threads: (18) 0.3 to 3.5
- Diametral threads: (21) 8 to 44
- Longitudinal feed: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR
- Cross feed: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 17
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 2.047"
- Tailstock quill travel: 6"
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Footprint: 19-1/2" x 101-7/8"
- Approximate shipping weight: 3488 lbs.
- Heavy-duty signature 3 V-way bed
- Induction-hardened and precision-ground ways
- Meehanite bed castings
- Removable chip tray for ease of clean-up
- Fagor digital readout
- Yaskawa frequency drive
- Centralized lubrication pump for bed-ways and cross slide
- Full-length emergency foot brake
- Dual-reading inch/metric dials on the cross feed and compound
- Full-length, rear-mounted splash guard
- 9" 3-Jaw scroll chuck
- 10" 4-Jaw independent chuck
- 12" faceplate