South Bend SB1015F - 16" x 60" EVS Toolroom Lathe with Fagor DRO
- Motor: 7.5 HP
- Swing: 16 in.
- Distance between centers: 60 in.
- Spindle bore: 2.0625 in.
- Spindle type: D1-6 Camlock
- Speeds: 20 – 2500 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Tailstock barrel travel: 6 in.
- Shipping weight: 3488 lbs.
Product Group4" and 7" Bench 8" - 11" Bench 13" and 14" 16" 18" - 21" 34" 38" and 42"
Hover to View Details
SB1015F 16" x 60" EVS Toolroom Lathe with Fagor DRO
As the name implies, the South Bend 16" x 60" EVS Toolroom Lathe feature EVS (Electronic Variable-Speed) spindle control, which allows the operator to quickly set the exact spindle speed within the available range of 20–2500 RPM.
Spindle speed is displayed on a Fagor digital readout and controlled within each speed range with the use of a dial—no changing gears or looking up complex lever positions on a chart.
The beds of these lathes are constructed with Meehanite® castings that have been precision hardened and ground in the traditional 3-V prismatic design—long used on South Bend Lathes for its accuracy, durability and rigidity.
The headstock features quick-change gear levers and an adjustable clutch mechanism for the feed rod that can be set to prevent damage in the event of a crash.
To further ensure a high degree of accuracy, these lathes are equipped with NSK or NTN spindle bearings.
The SB1015F manual was written by our U.S.-based Technical Documentation Department.
All South Bend lathes come with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Technical Support team is U.S.-based. Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 7-1/2 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 11A
- Coolant motor: 1/8 HP, 0.18A
- Swing over bed: 16"
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Swing over cross slide: 10-3/8"
- Swing over gap: 22.95"
- Cross slide travel: 9.25"
- Compound slide travel: 5.1"
- Spindle nose: D1-6 Camlock
- Spindle bore: 2.0625"
- Taper inside spindle: MT#6
- Spindle speed: Variable, 20–2500 RPM
- Inch threads: (45) 2 to 72 TPI
- Metric threads: (39) 0.2 to 14mm
- Modular threads: (18) 0.3 to 3.5
- Diametral threads: (21) 8 to 44
- Longitudinal feed: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR
- Cross feed: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR
- Number of feed selections: 17
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 2.047"
- Tailstock quill travel: 6"
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Footprint: 19-1/2" x 101-7/8"
- Approximate shipping weight: 3488 lbs.
- Fagor 2-axis DRO
- Meehanite® casting, signature South Bend 3 V-way bed
- Yaskawa frequency drive
- Centralized lubrication pump for bed-ways and cross slide
- Full-length emergency foot brake
- 9" 3-Jaw scroll chuck
- 10" 4-Jaw independent chuck
- 12" faceplate
- U.S.-based customer service and technical support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.