South Bend SB1065F - 34" x 72" Big Bore Lathe, 9" Bore
- Motor: 30 HP
- Swing: 34 in.
- Distance between centers: 72 in.
- Spindle bore: 9 in.
- Spindle type: A2-15
- Speeds: 6 - 500 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT#6
- Tailstock barrel travel: 10 in.
- Shipping weight: 11857 lbs.
Product Group4" and 7" Bench 8" - 11" Bench 13" and 14" 16" 18" - 21" 34" 38" and 42"
Hover to View Details
Please note this is a special order item; 50% down payment is required at time of order and there is a six month lead time. Please call 360-734-1540 for details.
SB1065F 34" x 72" Big Bore Lathe
A custom, high-torque lathe providing maximum cutting power.
With an extra-large 9" spindle bore and inside/outside spindle noses for mounting chucks on both sides of the headstock, the South Bend SB1065F can handle monster-sized workpieces such as large-diameter oil pipes or hydraulic cylinders.
They are exquisitely built with ultra-tight tolerances, and the headstocks and gearboxes are assembled in a laboratory-like environment to ensure absolutely pristine bearings and fittings for a lifetime of rugged use.
The SB1065F is shown with optional accessories.
Each lathe is custom-built to order, allowing you to select (and pay for) only the accessories you need. The chucks you select will be precision-fitted at the factory and already dialed in when your machine arrives.
The SB1065F manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The SB1065F comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Spindle motor: 30 HP
- Swing over bed: 34"
- Distance between centers: 72"
- Swing over cross slide: 24"
- Swing over gap: 46"
- Cross slide travel: 18.9"
- Compound rest travel: 13"
- Spindle nose: A2-15
- Spindle bore: 9"
- Spindle taper: MT#7, 1/20 OPT
- Spindle speeds: 12, 6–500 RPM
- Number of spindle speeds: 12
- Floor to spindle center height: 46-1/2"
- Tailstock taper: MT #6
- Tailstock barrel travel: 10"
- Inch threads: 2–28 TPI (DP 4-56)
- Metric threads: 0.8–14mm (MP 0.5-7)
- Longitudinal feed range: 0.05–0.7mm/rev
- Cross feed range: 0.025–0.35mm/rev
- Leadscrew diameter and pitch: M45 x 2 TPI
- Tool shank: 32mm x 32mm
- Bed width: 20"
- Overall dimensions: 69" x 148"
- Approximate shipping weight: 11,857 lbs.
- Double clamping tailstock
- 2-Speed tailstock gearbox for large-diameter end drilling
- Meehanite® castings with induction-hardened ways
- Magnetic motor brake and mechanical hand brake
- SKF German spindle bearings
- Complete coolant system with built-in reservoir
- One-piece bed and stand
- Fagor DRO
- Signature South Bend 3 V-way bed
- U.S.-based customer service and technical support
- Steady rest
- Quick-change tool post
Please contact South Bend Technical Support at (360) 734-1540 to discuss your options.
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.