South Bend SB1097 - 6" x 108" VS Oscillating Edge Sander
SB1097 South Bend 6" x 108" Variable-Speed Oscillating Edge Sander
Power plus precision—the ultimate sander for serious woodworkers.
Industrial strength plus ultimate convenience right at your fingertips—that was the approach to designing the SB1097 world-class edge sander with auxiliary spindle sanding table.
The 3 HP motor and digital control for variable speed will take your edge and contour sanding to a whole new level of power and precision.
The sanding head tilts from 0–90° allowing you to edge sand at any angle you need on the heaviest of workpieces with full support of the large precision-ground cast-iron table.
The table raises and lowers via handwheel, making table height adjustments easy and fast, even with a workpiece mounted to it.
And you get two high-quality industrial machines in one, with the addition of an integrated oscillating spindle sander with 1-1/2", 2", and 3" interchangeable drums and auxiliary table.
With digitally controlled variable speed and heavy-duty features of this versatile machine, The SB1097 will answer all of your busy shop’s edge and contour sanding needs.
The SB1097 comes with a 2-year warranty and is built to South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
The SB1097 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 9.5A
- Sanding belt size: 6" x 108"
- Sanding belt speed: Variable, 600–6000 FPM
- Oscillations: 1/4"
- Platen size & type: 6-3/4" x 39-3/4", graphite coated
- Sanding head tilt: 90°–180°
- Main table size: 12" x 35-1/2" x 1-1/2" thick
- Main table vertical travel: 8"
- Auxiliary table size: 10" x 11-1/2" x 3/4" thick
- Auxiliary table vertical travel: 10"
- Number of dust ports: 2
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 32" x 19-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 60" W x 28" D x 43" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 597 lbs.
- Sanding surfaces tilt vertical and horizontal
- T-slot table and miter gauge
- Quick-release belt lever
- Graphite-coated platen
- Oscillating sanding surfaces
- Sanding belt oscillates at 52 cycles per minute
- Includes 3 sanding drums: 1-1/2" x 4-1/2", 2" x 4-1/2", and 3" x 4-1/2"
- Platen tilts 0 to 90°
- Variable-speed motor with touch screen controls
- US based customer service and technical support