South Bend SB1097 - 6" x 108" VS Oscillating Edge Sander
SB1097 6" x 108" Variable-Speed Oscillating Edge Sander
Power plus precision equals the ultimate sander for serious woodworkers.
Industrial strength plus ultimate convenience right at your fingertips–that was the approach to designing the South Bend SB1097 world-class edge sander with auxiliary spindle sanding table.
The 3 HP motor and digital control for variable speed will take your edge and contour sanding to a whole new level of power and precision.
The VFD-M inverter gives you 3-phase, variable-speed power while operating on standard single-phase power source. The VFD saves you money by increasing the efficiency of the motor and decreasing electricity use. It reduces wear and tear on the motor which extends the life of the sander.
The sanding head tilts from 0–90° allowing to edge sand at any angle on the heaviest of workpieces with full support of the large precision-ground cast-iron table.
The table raises and lowers via handwheel, making table height adjustments easy and fast, even with a workpiece mounted to it.
And you get two high-quality industrial machines in one, with the addition of an integrated oscillating spindle sander with 1-1/2", 2", and 3" interchangeable drums and auxiliary table.
The SB1097 will answer all of your busy shop’s edge and contour sanding needs.
For a full range of replacement belts for the SB1097, shop here.
The SB1097 comes with a 2-year warranty and is built to South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
The SB1097 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 9.5A
- Sanding belt size: 6" x 108"
- Sanding belt speed: Variable, 600–6000 FPM
- Oscillations: 1/4"
- Platen size, type: 6-3/4" x 39-3/4", graphite coated
- Sanding head tilt: 90°–180°
- Main table size: 12" x 35-1/2" x 1-1/2" thick
- Main table vertical travel: 4"
- Auxiliary table size: 10" x 11-1/2" x 3/4" thick
- Auxiliary table vertical travel: 10"
- Dust port sizes: 4" x2
- Footprint: 32" x 19-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 60" W x 28" D x 43" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 597 lbs.
- Sanding surfaces tilt vertical and horizontal
- T-slot table and miter gauge
- Quick-release belt lever
- Graphite-coated platen
- Oscillating sanding surfaces
- Sanding belt oscillates at 52 cycles per minute
- Includes 3 sanding drums: 1-1/2" x 4-1/2", 2" x 4-1/2", and 3" x 4-1/2"
- Platen tilts 0 to 90°
- Variable-speed motor with touch screen controls
- US based customer service and technical support