SB1024F 9" x 42" 2 HP Mill with DRO
All the precision you could ever need, masterfully executed in this South Bend® milling machine.
The SB1024F 9" x 42" 2 HP Mill with DRO is easy to set-up truly accurate, and built to give you long years of service when properly cared for.
These milling machines feature 3-axis table movement with built-in longitudinal power feed and support workpieces up to 750 lbs.
To ensure quality results, the mill is equipped with premium angular contact spindle bearings that are rated to P4 tolerances. The spindle taper is R-8 and the spindles have powered down feed with fine, medium, and coarse feed controls.
The machine uses a 2HP induction motor and provides variable spindle speed from 60-4200 RPM.
The headstock is mounted on a wide dovetail-way ram with 13" of travel and 360° rotating capability. The headstock itself can swivel 90° left/right or 45° forward/back so it can be positioned for nearly any setup needed.
To reduce the time spent doing daily lubrication, this milling machine is outfitted with an one-shot lubrication system that is as quick and easy as one pump of a lever.
The manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your mill.
Like all South Bend mills, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the mill may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 14A
- Spindle travel: 5"
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle speeds: 60–4200 RPM (Variable)
- Spindle nose to table: 0"–19"
- Spindle centerline to column surface: 7-1/4"–19"
- Longitudinal travel: 24-1/2" with power feed, 29-1/2" without power feed
- Cross travel: 13"
- Vertical (Knee) travel: 16"
- Table size: 9" x 42"
- Table T-Slots: (3) 5/8"
- Maximum work piece weight: 750 lbs.
- Automatic vertical feeds (per revolution): 0.0015", 0.003", 0.006"
- Head swivel: (L/R) 90°, (F/R) 45°
- Ram travel (In/Out): 13"
- Ram swivel: 180°
- Overall dimensions: 63" W x 58" D x 87" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2130 lbs.
- Allen Bradley® controls
- P4 (ABEC-7) high-quality angular contact spindle bearings
- Meehanite® casting
- Fagor 3-Axis DRO
- Table, knee, and ram are equipped with dual locking mechanisms
- Turcite-coated ways
- Lever-action, one-shot pump lubrication system
- Auto-downfeed stop with micro-adjustable stop
- Variable-speed longitudinal power feed
- Work light