South Bend SB1027F - 9" x 48" Electronic Variable-Speed 3 HP Turret Mill with DRO
- Motor: 3 HP
- Table size: 48 in. x 9 in.
- Longitudinal travel: 30 in.
- Cross travel: 12 in.
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Number of speeds: Variable
- Max spindle to table: 18 in.
- Max spindle to column: 6 – 19 in.
- Shipping weight: 2365 lbs.
Product Group6"-7" Swing 9"-10" Swing 15" Swing 19" Swing Over 26" Swing Horizontal/Vertical Small Knee Mill
Hover to View Details
SB1027F 9" x 48" 3 HP Turret Mill with DRO
Built in true South Bend fashion with uncompromising quality.
The South Bend 9" x 48" 3 HP Turret Mill features 3-axis table movement with built-in longitudinal power feed.
The saddle and knee ways are hand-scraped and have been coated with Turcite®-B Slydway® for smooth, ultra-precise movement.
The headstock is mounted on a wide-dovetail movable ram with 13" of travel on the column and 360° rotating capability. The headstock itself can swivel 90° left/right or 45° forward/back for positioning in nearly any setup.
A Fagor 3-axis digital readout (DRO) reads down to a 0.0002" resolution for repeatable, accurate milling operations.
A Yaskawa Inverter (VFD) controls the 3 HP, 3-phase spindle motor and insures smooth, consistent torque at every speed.
The VFD saves you money by increasing the efficiency of the motor and decreasing electricity use. It reduces wear and tear on the motor which extends the life of the mill.
Quality Allen-Bradley® electrical components and attention to detail provide dependable electrical control of the powered movements.
And finally, this milling machine comes with a circulating coolant system with the pump and reservoir in the column base.
The complete and easy-to-read SB1027F manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your mill.
Parts for the mill may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 3 HP, 220V, 3-phase (with inverter for single-phase power), 8.5A
- Required power source: 220V, single-phase, min. 15A circuit
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.45A
- Spindle taper: R-8
- Spindle speed: Variable, 60–5000 RPM
- Spindle travel: 5"
- Max distance spindle to column: 19"
- Max distance spindle to table: 18"
- Longitudinal travel: 30"
- Cross travel: 12"
- Vertical travel: 16"
- Ram travel (In/Out): 13"
- Ram swivel: 360°
- Head swivel: 90°
- Head tilt: 45°
- Drilling capacity for cast-iron: 1"
- Drilling capacity for steel: 3/4"
- End milling capacity: 1"
- Face milling capacity: 4"
- Table size: 9" W x 48" L x 3" T
- Table T-slots: (3) 5/8"
- Table capacity: 750 lbs.
- X-Axis table power feed rate: 0–3.34 FPM
- Footprint: 36" W x 24" D
- Overall dimensions: 57" W x 71" D x 87-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2365 lbs.
- 2-year limited warranty
- Fagor 3-Axis DRO
- Meehanite® castings
- Allen-Bradley® controls
- Turcite®-B Slydway®
- P4 (ABEC-7) high-quality angular contact spindle bearings
- Flood coolant system
- Lever-action, one-shot pump lubrication system
- Auto-downfeed stop with micro-adjustable stop
We offer U.S.-based customer service and technical support to get your questions answered and help keep your equipment running in top condition.