Grizzly G0856 8" x 72" Jointer with Helical Cutterhead
Ready to step up from your bench top model?
Step up from any 6" model you might be considering to this larger capacity helical cutterhead 8" jointer. The G0856 comes equipped with a 4-row helical cutterhead with 36 indexable carbide inserts that can each be rotated three times to expose a new, sharp edge. This is like getting three knife changes with each set of inserts—which also don't require the finicky adjustment and setup that knives do. You'll save valuable time and money right off the bat.
The extra-long, 72" cast-iron bed with rabbeting table slides on dovetail ways. Setting cut depth is a breeze for traditional jointing or rabbeting with the infeed and outfeed handwheels.
Like all Grizzly jointers, the G0856 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0856 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the jointer are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
Certified to CSA standards
- Motor: 3 HP, 230V, single-phase, 12A
- Maximum width of cut: 8"
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8"
- Maximum rabbeting depth: 1/2"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/16"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row helical with 36 inserts
- Insert size & type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Cutterhead speed: 5500 RPM
- Table size: 9" x 72"
- Fence size: 38" L x 4-5/8" H
- Minimum stock length: 10"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/2"
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 17" x 23-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 72-1/2" W x 25-1/2" D x 42" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 450 lbs.
- Extra-long 72" bed with rabbeting table
- Dovetailed-way tables with handwheel adjustment and depth gauge
- Precision-ground cast-Iron tables
- Center-mounted, precision-ground cast-iron fence with rack & pinion lateral adjustment
- Fence stops at 45°, 90° & 135°
- Pedestal-mounted power switch with large shut-off paddle
- Sturdy cabinet stand with built-in mobile base
- Sealed & permanently lubricated bearings
- 5 replacement indexable carbide inserts included
- Pair of push blocks included