G0495X 8" x 83" Helical Cutterhead Jointer
The awarding winning 8-inch jointer.
The Grizzly G0495X 8" x 83" Helical Cutterhead Jointer was awarded Best Value and Best Overall by Fine Woodworking Magazine for its combination of features including the 4-row helical cutterhead, easily adjustable parallelogram bed and rack-and-pinion adjusting fence. It is also the first-ever jointer with a digital height readout!
The cutting action of the helical cutterhead produces minimal tearout and meaning less time sanding your stock and more time planning your projects. The 36 indexable carbide insert cutters can each be rotated three times to expose new, sharp cutting edges.
The G0495X features precise parallelogram table adjustment with easy-to-reach handwheels. With this setup, you get more opportunity for fine adjustment of the infeed and outfeed tables for perfect alignment. Not to be forgotten, the full bed length measures 83" for cutting long and absolutely straight edges.
Like all Grizzly jointers, the G0495X comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0495X manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the jointer are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, 15A
- Maximum width of cut: 8"
- Maximum depth of cut: 1/8"
- Maximum rabbeting depth: 1/2"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/16"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row helical with 36 inserts
- Insert size & type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Cutterhead speed: 7000 RPM
- Table size: 8" x 83"
- Fence size: 38" L x 4-3/4" H
- Minimum stock length: 10"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/2"
- Footprint: 15" x 45-3/4"
- Overall dimensions: 83" W x 24-1/2" D x 44" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 672 lbs.
- Infeed table height digital readout
- Parallelogram tables with handwheel adjustment
- Precision-ground cast-iron tables
- Rabbeting table
- Heavy-duty center-mounted fence with rack & pinion lateral adjustment
- Fence stops at 45°, 90° and 135°
- Pedestal-mounted switch for easy access
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- V-belt drive
- Pair of push blocks included