South Bend SB1115 - 21" Variable-Speed Gearhead Drill Press
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP
- Power Requirement: 220V, Single-Phase, 60 Hz
- Swing: 20 in.
- Type: Floor
- Range of Spindle Speeds: 0 - 2500 RPM
- Drilling Capacity: 1-9/16 in.
- Drill Chuck Type: JT6 Key Chuck
- Quill Diameter: 2.938 in.
- Shipping weight: 683 lbs.
Hover to View Details
SB1115 21" Variable-Speed Gearhead Drill Press
Unbeatable raw-drive power, performance, and precision.
This powerful, professional-level South Bend gearhead drill press features all the precision and high-end capability you need to put out your best work.
It is equipped with a variable-speed 3-phase motor with inverter that runs on single-phase, 220V power, which gives you greater speed ranges with a lower amp draw.
Geared drill presses are designed for drilling larger holes than belt driven machines thanks to the spindle bearings and tighter tolerances.
The spindle is fully reversible, features both coarse and fine downfeed controls, and a depth stop for repeatable production.
The variable speed range between 0–2500 RPM is controlled by spindle speed dial and a high/low spindle speed lever. Low RPM speed is vital to drilling metal.
Additional features, such as a digital spindle speed readout on the headstock and a clutch-engaged downfeed function make this gearhead drill press top of its class in design and functionality.
The complete and easy-to-read SB1115 manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your drill press.
Parts for the drill press may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Spindle motor: 1-1/2 HP, 220V, 3-phase (with inverter for single-phase power), 5.5A
- Required power source: 220V, single-phase, min. 15A circuit
- Spindle taper: MT#3
- Spindle speed: Variable, 0–350 RPM (Low) and 0–2500 RPM (High)
- Spindle travel: 5"
- Max. distance spindle to column: 10-7/16"
- Max. distance spindle to table: 17-3/8"
- Cross travel: 7"
- Drilling Capacity: 1-1/2" (40mm) steel and cast-iron
- Head travel: 13-3/8"
- Head tilt: 30° Right / 90° Left
- Table size: 19-1/2" L x 21-3/4" W x 2-1/4" T
- Drill chuck type and size: JT6 key chuck, 1/64"–5/8"
- Overall dimensions: 42" W x 35" D x 69" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 683 lbs.
- 2-year limited warranty
- Variable frequency drive for 3-phase speed control with single-phase power
- Powered or hand crank-enabled rack-and-pinion table elevation
- Coarse and fine downfeed controls
- Red anodized spindle stroke and table elevation handles
- Cast-iron base with two 1/2" T-slots, 8-7/8" on center
- 360° table and head positioning around column
- Digital speed display
- Front-mounted emergency stop button
- Forward/reverse spindle switch
We offer U.S.-based customer service and technical support to get your questions answered and help keep your equipment running in top condition.