Please note this is a special order item; 50% down payment is required at time of order and there is a six month lead time. Please call 360-734-1540 for details.
SB1067F 34" x 212" Big Bore Lathe, 9" Bore
Looking down the bore of our Big Bore Lathes is like looking straight down the barrel of a huge cannon!
With an extra-large 9" spindle bore and inside/outside spindle noses for mounting chucks on both sides of the headstock, these lathes can handle monster-sized workpieces such as large-diameter oil pipes or hydraulic cylinders.
They are exquisitely built with ultra-tight tolerances and the headstocks and gearboxes are assembled in a laboratory-like environment to ensure absolutely pristine bearings and fittings for a lifetime of rugged use.
Each lathe is custom-built to order–allowing you to select (and pay for) only the accessories you need.
Additionally, you'll benefit from having extremely large chucks precision-fitted at the factory and already dialed in when your machine arrives.
The manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your lathe.
Like all South Bend lathes, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 30 HP, 230V/460V* (prewired 230V), 3-phase, 76.1A/35.8
- Swing over bed: 34"
- Swing over cross slide: 24"
- Distance between centers: 212
- Bed width: 20"
- Cross slide travel: 18.9"
- Compound rest travel: 13"
- Spindle bore: 9"
- Spindle nose: A2-15
- Spindle taper: MT#7, 1/20 OPT
- Spindle speeds: 12, 6–500 RPM
- Floor to spindle center height: 46-1/2"
- Tailstock taper: MT #6
- Tailstock barrel travel: 10"
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 4"
- Inch threads: 36, 2–28 TPI
- Metric threads: 38, 0.8–14mm
- Longitudinal feed range: 36, 0.05–0.7mm/rev
- Cross feeds: 36, 0.025–0.35mm/rev
- Tool shank: 32mm x 32mm
- Rapid traverse Z/X axis: Z-Axis 3.7m/min, X-Axis 1.8M/min
- Overall dimensions: 287" W x 73" D x 82" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 20,653 lbs.
- Enclosed universal gearbox for cutting inch, metric, modular, and diametral pitches
- 2-Speed tailstock gearbox for large-diameter end drilling
- Meehanite castings with induction-hardened ways
- Fagor DRO
- Magnetic motor brake and mechanical hand brake
- Foot brake
- Safety chuck guard with micro-switch shut-off
- Complete coolant system with built-in reservoir
- Threading dial indicator headstock
- Double clamping tailstock
- 4-Position apron stop