G8688 7" x 12" Mini Metal Lathe
A great starter lathe offered at an incredibly low price!
Powered by a 1/3 HP motor, the 7" x 12" Mini Metal Lathe cuts right-handed and left-handed threads while easily fitting on your bench so you can machine your own parts.
The G8688 is equipped with features found on larger lathes including inch and metric dials, a turret tool post, and 3" three-jaw chuck with external jaws.
The variable speed spindle control allows you to quickly set the spindle speed within the available range of 0–2500 RPM.
The chip tray and splash guard on the spindle keeps debris contained.
Like all Grizzly lathes, the G8688 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G8688 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 1/3 HP, 110V, single-phase 2.8A
- Swing over bed: 7"
- Swing over cross slide: 2-1/8"
- Distance between centers: 12"
- Bed width: 3-1/4"
- Spindle bore: 0.78" (20mm)
- Spindle taper: MT#3
- Tailstock taper: MT#2
- Tailstock barrel travel: 2-1/2"
- Cross slide travel: 2-3/4"
- Compound travel: 2-3/4"
- Spindle speed: Variable, 100–2500 RPM
- Footprint: 8-3/4" x 27-3/4"
- Overall dimensions: 27-3/4" W x 11-1/2" D x 12"H
- Approximate shipping weight: 90 lbs.
- Variable-speed spindle
- 16-TPI reversible leadscrew
- Cuts RH and LH threads
- Forward and reverse in all speeds
- Chip tray and backsplash
- Thread dial indicator
- Inch and metric handwheel graduations
- 3" Three-Jaw Chuck with External Jaws
- 6-1/4"Face plate
- Steady Rest
- Four-position turret post
- Complete set of change gears
- MT#2 dead center
- Service wrenches