Please note this is a special order item; 50% down payment is required at time of order and there is a six month lead time. Please call 360-734-1540 for details.
SB1071F 42" x 212" Big Bore Lathe, 9" Bore
Looking down the bore of our Big Bore Lathes is like looking straight down the barrel of a huge cannon!
With an extra-large 9" spindle bore and inside/outside spindle noses for mounting chucks on both sides of the headstock, these lathes can handle monster-sized workpieces such as large-diameter oil pipes or hydraulic cylinders.
They are exquisitely built with ultra-tight tolerances and the headstocks and gearboxes are assembled in a laboratory-like environment to ensure absolutely pristine bearings and fittings for a lifetime of rugged use.
Each lathe is custom-built to order. This allows you to select (and pay for) only the accessories you need, and you'll benefit from having extremely large chucks precision-fitted at the factory and already dialed in when your machine arrives.
The manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your lathe.
Like all South Bend lathes, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 30 HP
- Swing over bed: 42"
- Distance between centers: 212"
- Swing over cross slide: 32"
- Swing over gap: 54"
- Cross slide travel: 18.9"
- Compound rest travel: 13"
- Spindle nose: A2-15
- Spindle bore: 9"
- Spindle taper: MT#7, 1/20 OPT
- Spindle speed range: 6 - 500 RPM
- Number of spindle speeds: 12
- Floor to spindle center height: 50-1/2"
- Tailstock taper: MT #6
- Tailstock barrel travel: 10"
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 4"
- Inch threads: 2-28 TPI (DP 4-56)
- Metric threads: 0.8-14mm (MP 0.5-7)
- Longitudinal feed range: 0.05-0.7mm/rev
- Cross feed range: 0.025-0.35mm/rev
- Leadscrew diameter and pitch: M45 x 2 TPI
- Tool shank: 32mm x 32mm
- Rapid traverse Z/X axis: Z-Axis 3.7m/min, X-Axis 1.8M/min
- Gap width - one piece: 19"
- Bed width: 20"
- Overall dimensions: 69" x 286"
- Net weight: 14,991 lbs.