SB1054F 16" x 40" Gearhead Lathe with DRO
Constructed to handle years of demanding industrial production and manufacturing tasks.
The SB1054F 16" x 40" Gearhead Lathe is driven by a two-speed 7-1/2 HP motor with quick-change gear levers to control the 16 spindle speeds between 40-2000 RPM.
The spindles are D1-6 camlock with an MT#6 taper and 2-1/16" bore. The tailstocks have an MT#4 taper and 6" of quill travel.
A factory-installed Fagor two-axis 20iT digital readout prominently displays the positioning of the carriage and cross slide.
The headstocks are equipped with a pressurized oiling system that pre-lubricates the bearings and gears before the spindle starts.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with patented Meehanite-processed castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design.
The SB1054F manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your lathe.
Like all South Bend lathes, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 7-1/2 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 10A at 1725 RPM, 9A at 850 RPM
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP
- Swing over bed: 16-1/8"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Swing over cross slide: 10-3/8"
- Swing over saddle: 15-3/4"
- Swing over gap: 22.95"
- Maximum tool bit size: 3/4"
- Carriage travel: 38.58"
- Compound travel: 5.1"
- Cross slide travel: 9"
- Spindle speeds: (variable) from 40 - 2000 RPM
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR (17)
- Cross feeds: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR (17)
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (45 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.2 to 14 mm (39 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Overall dimensions: 86" W x 32-3/4" D x 49" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 3344 lbs.
- Fagor 2-axis DRO
- NTN spindle bearings
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Superior Meehanite castings
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- 10" 4-jaw independent chuck D1-6
- 9" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-6 plate
- US Based Customer Service and Technical Support