South Bend SB1070F - 42" x 132" Big Bore Lathe, 9" Bore
- Motor: 30 HP
- Swing: 42 in.
- Distance between centers: 132 in.
- Spindle bore: 9 in.
- Spindle type: A2-15
- Speeds: 6 - 500 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT#6
- Tailstock barrel travel: 10 in.
- Shipping weight: 14991 lbs.
Product Group4" and 7" Bench 8" - 11" Bench 13" and 14" 16" 18" - 21" 34" 38" and 42"
Hover to View Details
Please note this is a special order item; 50% down payment is required at time of order and there is a six month lead time. Please call 360-734-1540 for details.
SB1070F 42" x 132" Big Bore Lathe
A custom, high-torque lathe providing maximum cutting power.
With an extra-large 9" spindle bore and inside/outside spindle noses for mounting chucks on both sides of the headstock, these lathes can handle monster-sized workpieces such as large-diameter oil pipes or hydraulic cylinders.
Each is exquisitely built with ultra-tight tolerances with the headstocks and gearboxes assembled in a laboratory-like environment to ensure absolutely pristine bearings and fittings for a lifetime of rugged use.
The SB1070F is shown with optional accessories.
Each lathe is custom-built to order. This allows you to select (and pay for) only the accessories you need and you'll benefit from having extremely large chucks precision-fitted at the factory and already dialed in when your machine arrives.
Like all South Bend lathes, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. The manual was written by our U.S.-based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S.-based.
- Spindle motor: 30 HP
- Swing over bed: 42"
- Distance between centers: 132"
- Swing over cross slide: 32"
- Swing over gap: 54"
- Cross slide travel: 18.9"
- Compound rest travel: 13"
- Spindle nose: A2-15
- Spindle bore: 9"
- Spindle taper: MT#7
- Spindle speeds: 12, 6–500 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT #6
- Tailstock barrel travel: 10"
- Inch threads: 2-28 TPI (DP 4-56)
- Metric threads: 0.8-14mm (MP 0.5-7)
- Longitudinal feed range: 0.05-0.7mm/rev
- Cross feed range: 0.025-0.35mm/rev
- Leadscrew diameter and pitch: M45 x 2 TPI
- Tool shank: 32mm x 32mm
- Rapid traverse Z/X axis: Z-Axis 3.7m/min, X-Axis 1.8M/min
- Gap width - one piece: 19"
- Overall dimensions: 69" x 207"
- Net weight: 14,991 lbs.
- Enclosed universal gearbox for cutting inch, metric, modular, and diametral pitches
- 2-Speed tailstock gearbox for large-diameter end drilling
- Meehanite® castings with induction-hardened ways
- Fagor DRO
- Magnetic motor brake and mechanical hand brake
- Foot brake
- Safety chuck guard with micro-switch shut-off
- Complete coolant system with built-in reservoir
- Threading dial indicator headstock
- Double clamping tailstock
- 4-Position apron stop
- Steady rest
- Quick-change tool post
Please contact South Bend Technical Support at (360) 734-1540 to discuss your options.
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.