G0453Z 15" 3 HP Planer with Spiral Cutterhead
Upgrade to a spiral cutterhead with power to spare.
The G0453Z 15" 3 HP Planer with Spiral Cutterhead recognized ahead of the rest of the 15" planers tested by WOOD Magazine for its combination of clean cuts and the ability to control snipe.
The 4-row spiral cutterhead with 74 German-made indexable carbide inserts cut some of the finest surface finishes money can buy.
Each insert can be rotated up to three times to expose a new sharp edge for superior finish.
Reducing the cut to the size of a single insert makes for a cleaner cut and reduces noise compared to the traditional straight knife cut.
The 3 HP motor spins the cutterhead at 4800 RPM to plane your stock up to 15" wide by 8" thick, cutting as deep as 1/8" per pass.
Additionally, the G0453Z features a built-in mobile base, adjustable bed rollers, two-speed automatic board feed, and solid cast-iron extension wings.
Like all Grizzly planers, the G0453Z comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0453Z manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your planer.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts for the planer may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Note on replacement inserts:
- Models manufactured April 2015 and later use H7319 (74) 14mm x 14mm x 2.0mm replacement inserts.
- Models manufactured March 2015 and earlier use T21348 (74) 14.17mm x 14.17mm x 2.0mm replacement inserts.
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, single-phase, 15A
- Maximum stock width: 15"
- Maximum stock thickness: 8"
- Minimum stock thickness: 3/16"
- Minimum stock length: 8"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row spiral, 74 inserts
- Cutterhead speed: 4800 RPM
- Feed rate: 16 & 30 FPM
- Table size with extensions: 15" x 42"
- Dust port size: 4"
- Footprint: 22" x 22-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 32-1/2" W x 42" D x 45-7/8" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 672 lbs.
- Board return rollers
- Pedestal-mounted control panel
- Built-in mobile base
- Adjustable bed rollers
- Rubber-coated outfeed roller
- Built-in lifting rods
- Angled dust port hood
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Four-column support with table locks
- Precision-ground, cast-iron table and extension wings
- Heavy-duty cast-iron construction