W1873 Shop Fox 15" 3 HP Fixed Table Planer
The W1873 15" Fixed Table has a unique, fixed table height that is ideal for setting up with permanent infeed and outfeed roller tables. This allows for greater efficiency in production settings.
The 2-speed gearbox allows you to choose between 16 and 28 FPM for a smooth finish or high-production feed rate.
The headstock sits atop a sturdy four-column support with easy handwheel height adjustment thanks to the twin gas struts on either side.
This version features a 15" 3-knife cutterhead. The single-sided knives are made of high-speed steel (HSS). HSS has been heat treated for hardness and wear resistance, which keeps a sharp edge longer than other carbon steels.
Like all Shop Fox planers, the W1873 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The W1873 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your jointer.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 3 HP, 230V, single-phase
- Maximum cutting width: 15"
- Maximum cutting height: 6"
- Minimum cutting height: 3/16"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Minimum length of stock: 6"
- Feed rates: 16, 28 FPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 2-5/8"
- Cutterhead speed: 5200 RPM
- Table size w/cast-iron wings: 15-1/2"W x 49"L
- Overall dimensions: 25" W x 49" D x 47-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 374 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Four heavy-duty support columns
- Fixed table height design
- Anti-kickback fingers
- Oil bathed 2-speed gearbox
- Cast-iron extension wings
- Elevation scale with both inch and metric
- Magnetic switch
- Poly-V belt drive
- Cabinet-style stand
- Large top-mounted handwheel