G4003G 12" x 36" Gunsmithing Lathe with Stand
Grizzly's best-selling gunsmithing lathe.
When we set out to design a professional gunsmithing lathe, we felt that we should also make a smaller starter lathe for aspiring hobby gunsmiths. Don't let the "smaller" size fool you – the G4003G 12" x 36" Gunsmithing Lathe is a serious metal lathe.
What makes the G4003G a "gunsmithing" lathe is that it comes with features typically not found on standard lathes, such as the high-precision NSK bearings, large 1-9/16" spindle bore and a "spider" mount system.
The spider is especially designed for supporting long workpieces that extend through the outboard end of the spindle.
The tailstock lock system features a drive hub, which allows you to use a 1/2” torque wrench to clamp the tailstock in place at a pre-determined torque setting. This ensures consistent draw-down alignment every time, even with multiple lathe operators using the machine.
Supplied with a 2 HP motor, the 9-speed gearhead of the G4003G produces spindle speeds from 70-1400 RPM.
Like all Grizzly gunsmithing lathes, the G4003G comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G4003G manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The Grizzly Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 8.5 Amps
- Swing over bed: 12"
- Swing over cross slide: 7"
- Distance between centers: 36"
- Bed width: 7-1/4"
- Spindle bore: 1-9/16" (40mm)
- Spindle nose taper: MT#5
- Spindle nose: D1-5 Camlock
- Spindle speeds: 9, 70–1400 RPM
- Compound travel: 3-1/4"
- Carriage travel: 30-1/2"
- Cross slide travel: 6-1/4"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 4"
- Overall dimensions: 61" W x 26" D x 54-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 1330 lbs.
- High-quality NSK spindle bearings
- Cuts 4-112 Standard TPI and 0.2-4.5 Metric
- Cuts LH threads
- Full-length splash guard
- Spindle on/off reverse switch on carriage
- LED work light
- Socket for tailstock lock
- Heavy-duty steel stand
- Cast-aluminum gear cover
- 6" 3-Jaw chuck with 2-piece reversible jaws
- 8" 4-Jaw chuck with reversible jaws
- 10" faceplate
- Steady rest with roller tips
- Follow rest with roller tips
- Quick-change tool post with one tool holder
- (2) MT#3 dead centers (1 carbide tipped)
- (1) MT#3 live center
- 1/2" chuck w/ MT#3 arbor
Headstock oil not included.