Grizzly G0445 - 24" 10 HP 3-Phase Platen Type Wide-Belt Sander
G0445 24" 10 HP 3-Phase Platen Type Wide-Belt Sander
Sand large workpieces perfectly flat with uniform smoothness.
The G0445 24" 10 HP 3-Phase Platen Type Wide-Belt Sander was developed with a combination drum and platen head to improve the finish on wood pieces up to 24" wide. This model is designed for woodworkers, cabinetmakers and production shops who want a machine that can also sand very thin and relatively short pieces.
The double infeed and double outfeed pressure rollers process short pieces efficiently. This results in having continuous downward pressure on extremely thin stock as thin as 1/8" and as short as 9"; the distance between the first infeed and first outfeed pressure rollers. The sanding belt size required is 25" wide by 75" long.
The feed belt is made of harder rubber to prevent distortion of thin stock while sanding. What follows is that you get perfectly parallel sanding in any thickness of stock from 1/8" to 6".
An efficient and clean dust collection system is essential to the proper function of the sander. For the G0445 we recommend a minimum of 1200 CFM at the machine via the two 4" dust ports.
The G0445 includes additional features such as a digital readout, powered table elevation, four screw jacks for table support, variable-speed, disc brake stopping system and dust proof photo electric eye/pneumatic control for belt oscillation.
Like all Grizzly sanding machines, the G0445 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0445 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your sander.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the sander are available on-line and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Type: Platen
- Sanding motor: 10 HP, 220V/440V (prewired 220V), 3-phase, 29.6A/14.8A
- Conveyor motor: 1 HP, 3.4A
- Table lift motor: 1/4 HP, 1.2A
- Max. board width: 24"
- Max. board thickness: 6"
- Min. board length: 9"
- Min. board thickness: 1/8"
- Conveyor speed: 15-49 FPM
- Sanding belt size: 25" W x 75" L
- Footprint: 39-3/8" x 19-5/16"
- Overall dimensions: 40" W x 50" D x 72" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 1614 lbs.
- Variable feed speeds
- Pneumatic oscillation control
- Fast belt changes (about 30 seconds!)
- Disc brake system for emergency stops
- Digital controls accurate to within 0.005"
- Double infeed & outfeed pressure rollers
- Convenient control panel with separate switches for each motor