G0544 20" 5 HP Pro Spiral Cutterhead Planer
For maximum power and performance in a 20" planer, our heavy-duty professional planer can't be beat.
Features like a segmented chip breaker, variable feed speed and lever-adjustable bed rollers are expensive options on most planers of this size. Not with Grizzly!
Adjustable bed rollers and 5" dust port are standard on this already deluxe machine. From the precision-ground cast-iron table to the hefty handwheels and conveniently located, magnetic switch with thermal overload protection, you know you're dealing with the best when you get your hands on a planer like this.
Truly an industrial machine!
Like all Grizzly planers, the G0544 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0544 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts for the planer may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Main motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 25A
- Feed motor: 2 HP, 12A
- Maximum stock width: 20"
- Maximum stock thickness: 7"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 8"
- Maximum cutting depth planing full width: 1/16"
- Maximum cutting depth planing 6" wide board: 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/8"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row spiral with 96 inserts
- Insert size & type: 14 x 14 x 2mm, indexable carbide
- Cutterhead speed: 5200 RPM
- Feed rate: Variable, 17–26 FPM
- Table size with extensions: 21-1/4" x 28-1/4"
- Dust port size: 5"
- Footprint: 20-1/2" x 26-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 38" W x 40-1/2" D x 42-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 1040 lbs.
- Board return rollers
- Precision-ground cast-iron table
- Grease fittings for cutterhead ball bearings
- Heavy-duty cast-iron construction throughout
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Lever-adjustable bed rollers
- Handwheel table height adjustment
- Segmented chip breaker and infeed roller
- Finely finished steel outfeed roller
- Inch and metric scale increments
- Dust covers protect vertical support columns and leadscrews