W1842 Shop Fox 13" Planer/Moulder
A professional-grade planer/moulder.
For those woodworkers who want to make their own baseboards, crown moulding, door/window casings, fascia, or architectural mouldings, this 13" Planer/Moulder is a must-have.
With our full selection of optional moulding knives, processing mouldings in the wood species of choice is generally safer, faster, and more cost-effective than processing mouldings on a shaper.
Adjustable guide rails ensure moulding stock runs true from one piece to a hundred pieces, and setting knives is a breeze with the top-accessible cutterhead.
Or, remove the guide rails and change over the cutterhead and use this machine as a standard planer for workpieces up to 13" wide or 6" high.
Like all Shop Fox sanders, the W1842 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The W1842 manual was written by the U.S. based Woodstock Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your sander.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the sander may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 1-1/2 HP, 110V/220V, prewired 110V, single-phase, 15A/7.5A
- Maximum cutting width: 13"
- Maximum lumber height: 6"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8" (planing)
- Maximum profile depth: 3/4" (moulding)
- Maximum width capacity: 4-9/16" (moulding)
- Planing feed rate: 24 FPM
- Moulding feed rate: 12 FPM
- Number of knives: 3 HSS
- Planer knife size: 13" x 5/8" x 1/8"
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- 4" Dust port
- Overall size: 23-1/2" L x 23" W x 44-1/2" H
- Footprint: 12" L x 21" W
- Approximate shipping weight: 236 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Heavy-duty cabinet stand
- Precision-ground cast-iron table
- Rubber-coated steel feed rollers