Grizzly G0582 - 24" 10 HP Platen Type Wide-Belt Sander
G0582 24" 10 HP Platen Type Wide-Belt Sander
Sand large workpieces to the desired thickness.
The G0582 24" 10 HP Platen Type Wide-Belt Sander was developed with a combination drum and platen head to improve the finish on wood pieces up to 24" wide.
The double infeed and double outfeed pressure rollers process short pieces efficiently. This results in having continuous downward pressure on stock as thin as 1/8" and as short as 14".
The sanding belt size required is 25" wide by 60" long. For a full range of replacement belts for the G0582, shop here.
The feed belt is made of harder rubber to prevent distortion of thin stock while sanding. What follows is that you get perfectly parallel sanding in any thickness of stock.
Designed for woodworkers, cabinetmakers, and production shops who want a machine that could sand intricate pieces for musical instruments, ornate trim, and cabinet faces.
The G0582 includes additional features such as a digital readout, powered table elevation, four screw jacks for table support, variable speed, disc brake stopping system and dust proof photo electric eye/pneumatic control for belt oscillation.
Like all Grizzly sanding machines, the G0582 comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
The G0582 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your sander.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts for the sander may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Sanding motor: 10 HP, 220V/440V (prewired 220V), 3-phase, 29.6A/14.8A
- Conveyor motor: 1 HP, 3.4A
- Table lift motor: 1/4 HP, 1.2A
- Max. board size: 24" W x 6" T
- Min. board size: 14" L x 1/8" T
- Conveyor speed: 15-49 FPM
- Sanding belt size: 25" W x 60" L
- Overall dimensions: 40" W x 50" D x 72" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 1573 lbs.
- Convenient control panel with separate switches for each motor
- Digital controls accurate to within 0.005"
- Double infeed and outfeed pressure rollers
- Disc brake system for emergency stops
- Fast belt changes (about 30 seconds!)
- Pneumatic oscillation control
- Variable feed speeds
*This machine is prewired for 220V. We can rewire to 440V in a few days’ time for a fee of $325. Please contact Grizzly Technical Support at (570) 546-9663 before placing your order.