G5851Z 24" 5 HP Planer
Durability, dependability & capacity are the hallmarks of this massive machine.
Wide, solid wood panels? No problem! The 5 HP, single-phase motor of the G5851Z 24" Planer powers through the toughest hardwoods with ease.
The G5851Z features a 24” planing capacity and 4 high-speed steel knives on the 3-1/8” cutterhead.
The built-in chip deflector leads directly into the dust hood with a 5” dust port to help ensure the work area stays as clear as possible.
The large, conveniently located handwheel facilitates bed adjustment.
Like all Grizzly planers, the G5851Z comes with a 1-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G5851Z manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The Grizzly Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the planer are available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Main motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 25A
- Feed motor: 2 HP, 14A
- Maximum stock width: 24"
- Maximum stock thickness: 7"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 8"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/8"
- Cutterhead type: 4-knife
- Knife size & type: 24" x 1" x 1/8", HSS, single-sided, solid
- Cutterhead speed: 5200 RPM
- Feed rate: Variable, 17–26 FPM
- Table size with extensions: 24-1/8" x 31-1/8"
- Dust port size: 5"
- Footprint: 20-1/2" x 24-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 42" W x 40-1/2" D x 37" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 1126 lbs.
- Board return rollers
- Precision-ground cast-iron table
- Grease fittings for cutterhead ball bearings
- Heavy-duty cast-iron construction throughout
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Lever-adjustable bed rollers
- Handwheel table height adjustment
- Segmented chip breaker and infeed roller
- Finely finished steel outfeed roller
- Inch and metric scale increments
- Dust covers protect vertical support columns and leadscrews