SB1118 25" Industrial-Duty Planer with Helical Cutterhead
Amp up production with this large-capacity planer from South Bend!
With its 25" x 9" planing capacity, massive 15 HP motor, and electronic table height controls with digital presets, the mammoth South Bend SB1118 Industrial-Duty Planer will blast through stock all day long with unparalleled efficiency and reliability.
Being a production powerhouse, you'll see a dramatic improvement in the wood being planed thanks to the 6-row helical cutterhead with 174 indexable carbide inserts.
With a helical setup, the inserts are positioned at a slight angle. This produces a shearing action (as opposed to cutting "straight-on"), and results in smoother finish, reduced tearout in figured woods, and smoother operation. Many species of wood come out looking like they have been sanded!
The digital table height controls allow you to take the thinnest of shavings to the heaviest of cuts with dead-on accuracy and repeatability every time. And the variable-speed feed gives you total control to dial in just the right feed rate for the job at hand.
The SB1118 also features manual override for table height, heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron tables, and a segmented chip breaker. It comes with a 2-year warranty and is built to South Bend high-precision industrial standards.
The SB1118 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Main motor: 15 HP, 220V/440V* (prewired 220V), 3-phase, 37A/18.5A
- Feed motor: 1/2 HP
- Table elevation motor: 3/4 HP
- Maximum stock width: 25"
- Maximum stock thickness: 9"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 10"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/2"
- Cutterhead type: 6-row helical with 174 inserts
- Cutterhead speed: 4900 RPM
- Insert size and type: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm, indexable carbide
- Feed rate: Variable, 10–30 FPM
- Table size with extensions: 25-1/8" x 69-5/8"
- Dust port size: 6"
- Footprint: 24-1/2" x 47-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 54-1/2" W x 57" D x 54-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2057 lbs.
- Digitally controlled table elevation with memory presets and optional manual override
- Variable feed speed dial on control pedestal
- Heavy-duty precision-ground cast-iron extension wings
- Pedestal-mounted controls with magnetic switch and thermal overload protection
- Internally mounted motor
- Segmented chip breaker
- Drive gears run in oil bath
- Triple belt drive inside housing
- US based customer service and technical support
*This machine is prewired for 220V. We can rewire to 440V in a few days’ time for a fee of $325. Please contact South Bend Technical Support at 360-734-1540 before placing your order.