Shop Fox W1680 - 17" Floor Model Drill Press
- Motor: 1 HP
- Power Requirement: 110V, Single-Phase, 60 Hz
- Swing: 17 in.
- Type: Floor
- Range of Spindle Speeds: 140 – 3050 RPM
- Drilling Capacity: 1 in. in Steel
- Drill Chuck Type: JT3 Key Chuck
- Quill Diameter: 2.04 in.
- Shipping weight: 235 lbs.
Hover to View Details
Showroom Pickup Availability
W1680 17" Floor Drill Press
A best in class drill press for long-lasting performance and reliability.
The Shop Fox W1680 17" Floor Drill Press is perfect for the average size cabinet shop or small machine shop.
The W1680 is fitted with a 1/16"-5/8" JT-3 keyed drill chuck and a Morse Taper #3 for the larger direct mount bits.
This 17" Floor Drill Press offers 3-1/4" of spindle travel and a drilling capacity of 1" through mild steel.
The 14" diameter, round table can swivel 360° around the column and allows for drilling at different angles as it tilts 90° in both directions.
Setting the adjustable depth stop allows for predetermined and repeatable drilling.
With solid cast-iron construction, sealed ball bearings, and rubber coated quick-adjust handles, the W1680 has the quality and convenience you want in a machine investment.
There is even a built-in light so you can see what your workpiece.
Like all Shop Fox drill presses, the W1680 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The W1680 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your drill press.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 Factory
- Motor: 1 HP, 110V, single-phase, 10A
- Swing: 17"
- Spindle taper: MT3
- Spindle travel: 3-1/4"
- Spindle speed: 12, 150–3050 RPM
- Drill chuck: 1/16"-5/8", JT-3
- Drilling capacity: 1" mild steel
- Max. distance from spindle to table: 31-1/2"
- Head swivel: 360°
- Table: Round, 14" diameter
- Table tilt: 90° left/right
- Table swing: 360°
- Footprint: 11" x 22-1/2"
- Overall dimensions: 14" W x 24" L x 64" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 235 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Low RPM for metal working
- Threaded depth stop
- Crank handle operated rack-and-pinion vertical table movement
- Includes built-in light
- Table and base are cast-iron
- 1 HP motor
- 12 Speeds
- 3-1/4" spindle travel
- Cushioned grip quill handles
- 1/16"-5/8" Drill chuck