SB1114F 13" x 30" EVS Lathe with Fagor DRO
Extraordinarily engineered from the ground up in the truest South Bend fashion.
The SB1114F Heavy 13 Gearhead Lathe is driven by a 5 HP motor with electronic variable speed to control spindle speeds between 100–3000 RPM.
A heavy-duty Delta variable-frequency driver inverter ensures smooth, consistent torque at every speed from the 5 HP 3-phase motor without requiring a 3-phase power.
The spindle has a D1-5 camlock with an MT#5 taper and 1.65" bore. The tailstocks have an MT#3 taper and 4-1/2" of quill travel.
A factory-installed Fagor two-axis digital readout displays the positioning of the carriage and cross slide.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with patented Meehanite-processed castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design.
The lathe is equipped with a foot brake to quickly stop the spindle instead of allowing it to coast to a stop on its own. Pushing the foot brake while the spindle is on also cuts power to the motor and stops the spindle.
The SB1114F manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
Like all South Bend lathes, the SB1114F comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
Parts and accessories for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 5 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 15.5A (with single-phase inverter)
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.4A
- Oil pump motor: 1/4 HP, 1.3A
- Distance between centers: 30"
- Swing over bed: 13-1/4"
- Swing over cross slide: 8"
- Swing over saddle: 13"
- Maximum tool bit size: 5/8"
- Compound travel: 3-3/4"
- Carriage travel: 25-9/16"
- Cross slide travel: 7"
- Spindle bore: 1.65"
- Spindle taper: MT #5
- Spindle speed: Variable, 100–3000 RPM
- Spindle type: D1-5 camlock
- Tailstock travel: 4-1/2"
- Tailstock taper: MT #3
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 1.968"
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR (17)
- Overall dimensions: 71" W x 38" D x 60-1/2" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2596 lbs.
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- Complete recycling coolant system
- Meehanite castings with induction-hardened ways
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Threading dial indicator
- Enclosed universal gearbox for cutting inch, metric, modular and diametral pitches
- 8" 4-jaw independent chuck D1-5
- 7" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-5 plate
- 10" faceplate D1-5
- Follow rest
- Steady rest with roller bearing tips
- Two morse taper #3 dead centers
- US Based Customer Service and Technical Support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.