SB1039F 14" x 40" 16-Speed 220V 3-Phase Lathe with Fagor DRO
The SB1039F 14" x 40" 16-Speed 220V 3-Phase Lathe with Fagor DRO is packed with standard features and equipment, including a complete coolant system, one-shot way lubrication system, powered cross feed and premium Allen-Bradley controls.
Spindle speeds are controlled by headstock levers and set the spindle speed within the available range of 50-2570 RPM.
Spindle speed is displayed on a Fagor digital readout.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with Meehanite castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design.
The headstocks feature quick-change gear levers and the carriages include an adjustable clutch that disables automatic carriage feed when it contacts the feed stop or in the event of a crash.
These lathes are equipped with Japanese spindle bearings. The spindles are D1-5 camlock with an MT#5 taper and 1.57" bore. The tailstocks have an MT#3 taper and 4.5" of quill travel.
Like all South Bend lathes, the SB1012F comes with a 2-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The SB1012F manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The South Bend Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe are available on-line and shipped from the parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor size: 5 HP/ 2-1/2 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 14A/10A
- Coolant motor size: 1/8 HP
- Swing over bed: 14"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Swing over cross slide: 8.66"
- Swing over gap: 20.94"
- Width of bed: 9"
- Cross slide travel: 7"
- Compound slide travel: 4"
- Spindle nose: D1-5 camlock
- Spindle taper: MT #5
- Spindle speeds: (16) from 50 - 2570 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT #3
- Tailstock travel: 4-1/2"
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (45 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.2 to 14 mm (39 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Overall dimensions: 80-3/4" W x 32-1/8" D x 54-3/8" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2498 lbs.
- Fagor 2-axis DRO
- Meehanite casting, signature South Bend 3 V-bed
- 10" 4-jaw independent chuck D1-5
- 8" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-5 plate
- NTN Japanese spindle bearing
- Full-length splash guard
- Front removable sliding chip tray
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Threading dial indicator
- Jog button and emergency stop
- US Based Customer Service and Technical Support