SB1049F Heavy 13, 13" x 30" Gearhead Lathe with Fagor DRO
Engineered from the ground up in the truest South Bend fashion.
The South Bend SB1049 Heavy 13 Gearhead Lathe is driven by a fixed speed 3 HP motor with convenient headstock levers to control the 8 spindle speeds between 80-2000 RPM.
The spindles are D1-5 camlock with an MT#5 taper, 1.57" bore, and equipped with Japanese NSK or NTN bearings. The tailstocks have an MT#3 taper and 1.968" of quill travel.
A factory-installed Fagor two-axis digital readout displays the positioning of the carriage and cross slide.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with patented Meehanite-processed castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design.
The SB1049F is covered by a South Bend 2-year warranty covering parts and factory defects. Tooling and other lathe-related consumables are not covered by this warranty.
The SB1049F manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
Parts are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase, 16.5
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.45A
- Distance between centers: 30"
- Swing over bed: 13.38"
- Swing over cross slide: 8.26"
- Swing over saddle: 11.02"
- Maximum tool bit size: 3/4"
- Compound travel: 4"
- Carriage travel: 36-1/2"
- Cross slide travel: 7"
- Spindle bore: 1.57"
- Spindle taper: MT #5
- Spindle speeds: 80 - 2000 RPM
- Spindle type: D1-5 camlock
- Tailstock travel: 4-1/2"
- Tailstock taper: MT #3
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 1.968"
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.002 to 0.067 IPR (17)
- Cross feeds: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR (17)
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (45 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.2 to 14 mm (39 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Bed width: 9"
- Overall dimensions: 79" W x 38" D x 69" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2090 lbs.
- Superior engineered uniformity with Meehanite castings
- Signature self-centering South Bend three V-way bed
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- 8" 4-jaw independent chuck D1-5
- 7" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-5 plate
- 10" faceplate D1-5
- #5 to #3 morse taper spindle sleeve
- Two morse taper #3 dead centers
- 4-Way tool post
- Toolbox with service tools
- US based customer service and technical support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.