W1865 Shop Fox 20" 5 HP Planer with Helical Cutterhead
If quality, dependability and performance are important to you in a planer, then look no further.
The Shop Fox W1865 5 HP Planer features a 20” planing capacity and a 3-1/4” cutterhead with 92 indexable carbide inserts. The inserts can each be rotated three times to expose new, sharp cutting edges.
The 4-row helical cutterhead produces ultra-smooth finishes and greatly reduces tearout in figured woods.
The feed rate control knob allows the feed rate to be 28 FPM when pushed in and 16 FPM when pulled out.
The easy access pedestal-mounted controls include a magnetic switch with thermal overload protection.
The 5" dust port connects to your dust-collection system to extract shavings and dust during operation.
This master of hardwood has all the features anyone could want, and it’s produced in an ISO 9001 certified factory to assure tight adherence to quality production standards.
This top-of-the-line 20" planer with helical cutterhead is second-to-none and the value for the money is unmatched anywhere!
Like all Shop Fox planers, the W1865 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The W1865 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your planer.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the planer may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 23A
- Maximum cutting width: 20"
- Maximum cutting thickness: 8"
- Maximum cutting depth full width: 5/64"
- Maximum cutting depth 6" wide board: 1/8"
- Minimum length of stock: 7"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/4"
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Feed rates: 16, 28 FPM
- Table size with wings: 56" x 20"
- Dust port size: 5"
- Overall dimensions: 44" W x 56" D x 45" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 882 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Helical cutterhead with 92 indexable carbide inserts
- Triple V-belt drive
- Two-speed chain-driven automatic feed rollers
- Hardened anti-kickback fingers
- Precision-ground cast-iron table with extension wings
- Locking table
- Ball-bearing return rollers
- Depth scales in both inch and metric
- Serrated steel outfeed roller