South Bend SB1012F - 14" x 40" Lathe with DRO
- Motor: 5 HP
- Swing: 14 in.
- Distance between centers: 40 in.
- Spindle bore: 2.0625 in.
- Spindle type: D1-6 Camlock
- Speeds: 20 – 2500 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Tailstock barrel travel: 6 in.
- Shipping weight: 2984 lbs.
Product Group4" and 7" Bench 8" - 11" Bench 13" and 14" 16" 18" - 21" 34" 38" and 42"
Hover to View Details
Showroom Pickup Availability
SB1012F 14" x 40" EVS Toolroom Lathe
For when Electronic Variable-Speed (EVS) is the minimum requirement of your toolroom.
Loaded with all the essential features and high-precision parts, the SB1012F 14" x 40" EVS Toolroom Lathe excels at making dies, fine tools, jigs and fixtures.
Featuring EVS (Electronic Variable-Speed) spindle control, which allows the operator to quickly set the exact spindle speed within the available range of 20–2500 RPM.
A Fagor DRO conveniently reads the position of the apron or cross slide movement.
The bed of the SB1012F is constructed with Meehanite® castings that have been induction-hardened and ground in the traditional 3-V prismatic design.
A Yaskawa Inverter controls the 5 HP, 3-phase spindle motor and insures smooth, consistent torque at every speed.
The feed rod includes a slip clutch that disables the automatic carriage feed when it contacts the feed stop or in the event of a crash.
Like all South Bend lathes, the SB1012F comes with a 2-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The SB1012F manual was written by our U.S.-based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The South Bend Technical Support team is U.S.-based. Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 5 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 15.5A (with inverter)
- Oil pump motor: 1/4 HP, 1.4A
- Coolant Pump Motor: 1/8 HP, 0.3A
- Swing over bed: 14.17"
- Swing over gap: 20.98"
- Swing over cross slide: 8.38"
- Distance between centers: 40.00"
- Spindle bore: 2.0625"
- Spindle speeds: Variable, 20–2500 RPM
- Spindle nose: D1-6 camlock
- Spindle taper: MT#6
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Tailstock quill travel: 6.00"
- Longitudinal range: (17) 0.002 to 0.067 IPR
- Cross range: (17) 0.001 to 0.034 IPR
- Inch threads: (45) 2 to 72 TPI
- Metric threads: (39) 0.20 to 14.00mm
- Modular pitches: (18) 0.30 to 3.5 MP
- Diametral pitches: (21) 8 to 44.00 DP
- Cross slide travel: 9.25"
- Compound travel 5.10"
- Bed width: 10.25"
- Overall dimensions: 91-1/2" W x 39-1/2" D x 59" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2984 pounds
- Fagor 2-axis DRO
- Meehanite® casting
- Allen-Bradley® controls
- Safety chuck guard w/ micro-switch shut-off
- Complete recycling coolant system
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Japanese spindle bearings
- 8" 3 jaw scroll chuck w/ D1-6 plate
- 10" 4 jaw ind. chuck D1-6
- 12" faceplate
- Pressurized lubrication system for headstock gears and bearings
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.