SB1012F 14" x 40" EVS Toolroom Lathe
For when Electronic Variable-Speed (EVS) is the minimum requirement of your toolroom.
Loaded with all the essential features and high-precision parts, the SB1012F 14" x 40" EVS Toolroom Lathe excels at making dies, fine tools, jigs and fixtures.
Featuring EVS (Electronic Variable-Speed) spindle control, which allows the operator to quickly set the exact spindle speed within the available range of 20–2500 RPM.
A Fagor DRO conveniently reads the position of the apron or cross slide movement.
The bed of the SB1012F is constructed with Meehanite castings that have been induction-hardened and ground in the traditional 3-V prismatic design.
A Yaskawa Inverter controls the 5 HP, 3-phase spindle motor and insures smooth, consistent torque at every speed.
The feed rod includes a slip clutch that disables the automatic carriage feed when it contacts the feed stop or in the event of a crash.
Like all South Bend lathes, the SB1012F comes with a 2-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The SB1012F manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The South Bend Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 5 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 15.5A (with inverter)
- Oil pump motor: 1/4 HP, 1.4A
- Coolant Pump Motor: 1/8 HP, 0.3A
- Swing over bed: 14.17"
- Swing over gap: 20.98"
- Swing over cross slide: 8.38"
- Distance between centers: 40.00"
- Spindle bore: 2.0625"
- Spindle speeds: Variable, 20–2500 RPM
- Spindle nose: D1-6 camlock
- Spindle taper: MT#6
- Tailstock taper: MT#4
- Tailstock quill travel: 6.00"
- Longitudinal range: (17) 0.002 to 0.067 IPR
- Cross range: (17) 0.001 to 0.034 IPR
- Inch threads: (45) 2 to 72 TPI
- Metric threads: (39) 0.20 to 14.00mm
- Modular pitches: (18) 0.30 to 3.5 MP
- Diametral pitches: (21) 8 to 44.00 DP
- Cross slide travel: 9.25"
- Compound travel 5.10"
- Bed width: 10.25"
- Overall dimensions: 91-1/2" W x 39-1/2" D x 59" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 2984 pounds
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- Safety chuck guard w/ micro-switch shut-off
- Complete recycling coolant system
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Japanese spindle bearings
- 8" 3 jaw scroll chuck w/ D1-6 plate
- 10" 4 jaw ind. chuck D1-6
- 12" faceplate
- Pressurized lubrication system for headstock gears and bearings
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.