South Bend SB1043PF - 21" x 80" Turn-Nado EVS Lathe with DRO
- Motor: 12.5 HP
- Swing: 21 in.
- Distance between centers: 80 in.
- Spindle bore: 3.15 in.
- Spindle type: D1-8 Camlock
- Speeds: 18 – 1800 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT#5
- Tailstock barrel travel: 6-1/2 in.
- Shipping weight: 7040 lbs.
Product Group4" and 7" Bench 8" - 11" Bench 13" and 14" 16" 18" - 21" 34" 38" and 42"
Hover to View Details
Showroom Pickup Availability
SB1043PF 21" x 80" Turn-Nado EVS Lathe with DRO
The EVS (electronic variable speed) spindle speed of the SB1043PF 21" x 80" Turn-Nado Lathe allows for dialing in the perfect cutting speed.
The spindle speed dial fine tunes the exact speed between 18–1800 RPM. Spindle speed is displayed on the digital readout conveniently located on the control panel.
A factory-installed Fagor digital readout displays the positioning of the carriage and cross slide. Both the carriage and cross slide have power feed capability when the carriage is engaged with the feed rod.
The spindles are D1-8 camlock with an MT#7 taper. The tailstocks have an MT#5 taper and 6-1/2" of quill travel.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with Meehanite® castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design.
Quality Allen-Bradley® electrical components and attention to detail provide dependable electrical control of the powered movements.
The headstocks are equipped with a pressurized oiling system that pre-lubricates the bearings and gears before the spindle starts.
To reduce the time spent doing daily lubrication, this lathe is outfitted with an one-shot lubrication system that is as quick and easy as one pump of a lever.
And finally, this lathe comes with a circulating coolant system.
The SB1043PF manual was written by our U.S.-based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
Like all South Bend lathes, the SB1043PF comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 12-1/2 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 18A
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.23A
- Oil pump motor: 1/4 HP, 0.6A
- Distance between centers: 80"
- Swing over bed: 21"
- Swing over cross slide: 14"
- Width of bed: 13.58"
- Cross slide travel: 11"
- Compound slide travel: 5.39"
- Spindle nose: D1-8 camlock
- Spindle taper: MT #7
- Spindle speed: Variable, 18–1800 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT #5
- Tailstock travel: 6-1/2"
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (38 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.4 to 14 mm (40 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.0015 to 0.0400 IPR (15)
- Cross feeds: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR (15)
- Overall dimensions: 130-1/4" W x 27" D x 62-1/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 7040 lbs.
- Fagor 2-axis DRO
- Meehanite® castings
- Allen-Bradley® controls
- Yaskawa G7A4011 inverter
- SKF spindle bearings
- Micrometer carriage stop
- 12" 3-Jaw scroll chuck
- 14" 4-Jaw independent chuck D1-8
- 14" Faceplate
- U.S.-based customer service and technical support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.