SB1043PF 21" x 80" Turn-Nado EVS Lathe with DRO
The EVS (electronic variable speed) spindle speed of the SB1043PF 21" x 80" Turn-Nado EVS Lathe with DRO allows for dialing in the perfect cutting speed.
The spindle speed dial the fine tunes the exact speed within the selected range between 18-1800 RPM.
Spindle speed is displayed on the digital readout conveniently located on the control panel.
A factory-installed Fagor digital readout displays the positioning of the carriage and cross slide.
Both the carriage and cross slide have power feed capability when the carriage is engaged with the feed rod.
The spindles are D1-8 camlock with an MT#7 taper and 3.15" bore. The tailstocks have an MT#5 taper and 6-1/2" of quill travel.
The headstocks are equipped with a pressurized oiling system that pre-lubricates the bearings and gears before the spindle starts.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with patented Meehanite-processed castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design.
The SB1043PF manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
Like all South Bend lathes, the SB1043PF comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
Parts and accessories for the lathe are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 12-1/2 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 18A
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.23A
- Oil pump motor: 1/4 HP, 0.6A
- Distance between centers: 80"
- Swing over bed: 21"
- Swing over cross slide: 14"
- Width of bed: 13.58"
- Cross slide travel: 11"
- Compound slide travel: 5.39"
- Spindle nose: D1-8 camlock
- Spindle taper: MT #7
- Spindle speeds: (variable) from 18-1800 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT #5
- Tailstock travel: 6-1/2"
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (38 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.4 to 14 mm (40 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.0015 to 0.0400 IPR (15)
- Cross feeds: 0.001 to 0.034 IPR (15)
- Overall dimensions: 130-1/4" W x 27" D x 62-1/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 6038 lbs.
- Fagor 2-axis DRO
- Meehanite castings
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- Yaskawa G7A4011 Inverter
- SKF spindle bearings
- Micrometer carriage stop
- 12" 3-Jaw scroll chuck
- 14" 4-Jaw independent chuck D1-8
- 14" Faceplate
- US based customer service and technical support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.