South Bend SB1036 - 18" x 60" Lathe 440V
Sale price limited to stock on hand
SB1036 18" x 60" Lathe 440V
This lathe is truly designed to get the job done efficiently and to spec every time.
Quality and precision have been the hallmark in the production of the SB1036 18" x 60" Lathe 440V and it shows in every detail—from its surface finishes to its mass and power.
Strict adherence to details like hardened and ground ways, extra-long saddle, 6.5" of stroke in the tailstock, pressurized spindle lube, extra wide gears in the headstock and of course, electronic variable-speed make this machine a pleasure to use and ensures long term durability.
The SB1036 comes with a full package of accessories: 3-jaw and 4-jaw chucks, faceplate, follow and steady rests, and flood coolant just to name a few.
Like all South Bend lathes, the SB1036 comes with a 2-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The SB1036 manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The South Bend Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 10 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 14A
- Coolant motor: 1/8 HP
- Swing over bed: 18.11"
- Distance between centers: 60"
- Swing over cross slide: 11.02"
- Swing over gap: 27.95"
- Cross slide travel: 11"
- Compound travel: 5.39"
- Spindle nose: D1-8 camlock
- Spindle bore: 3.125"
- Taper inside spindle: MT#7
- Spindle speed: Variable, 18–1800 RPM
- Inch threads: (38) 2 to 72 TPI
- Metric threads: (40) 0.4 to 14mm
- Modular pitches: (18) 0.3 to 3.5
- Diametral pitches: (21) 8 to 44
- Longitudinal feed: (15) 0.0015 to 0.040 IPR
- Cross feed: (15) 0.0075 to 0.020 IPR
- Tailstock quill diameter: 3"
- Tailstock quill travel: 6.5"
- Tailstock taper: MT#5
- Footprint: 27" x 110-1/4"
- Overall dimensions: 120" W x 46" D x 63-1/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 5424 lbs
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- Meehanite castings, signature South Bend 3 V-Way bed
- Safety chuck guard with micro-switch shut-off
- Complete coolant system
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Yaskawa G7A4011 inverter
- 12" 3-Jaw D1-8 scroll chuck
- 14" 4-Jaw D1-8 independent chuck
- 14" face plate
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- 4-way tool post
- Two Morse taper dead centers
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.