SB1048PF 21" x 120" Turn-Nado Gearhead Lathe with DRO
Designed for demanding shops that want “nothing but the very best.”
The SB1048PF 21" x 120" Turn-Nado Gearhead Lathe is driven by a fixed speed 15 HP motor with quick-change gear levers to control the 16 spindle speeds between 20-1600 RPM.
These lathes feature a spindle clutch that allows the operator to switch between forward and reverse without shutting down the motor—a great time saver.
To further ensure a high degree of accuracy, these lathes are equipped with high-quality spindle bearings. The spindles are D1-8 camlock with an MT#7 taper and 3.15" bore. The tailstocks have an MT#5 taper and 6-1/2" of quill travel.
A factory-installed Fagor digital readout displays the positioning of the carriage and cross slide.
The headstocks are equipped with a pressurized oiling system that pre-lubricates the bearings and gears before the spindle starts.
The bed of the lathe is constructed with patented Meehanite-processed castings that are hardened and precision-ground in the traditional three V-way prismatic design.
The SB1048PF manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department. The complete and easy-to-read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your lathe.
All South Bend lathes come with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
Parts and accessories for the lathe are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 15 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 19A
- Coolant pump motor: 1/8 HP, 0.23A
- Swing over bed: 18.11"
- Distance between centers: 120"
- Swing over cross slide: 11.02"
- Swing over saddle: 18"
- Swing over gap: 27.95"
- Maximum tool bit size: 1"
- Carriage travel: 119"
- Compound travel: 5.39"
- Cross slide travel: 11"
- Spindle speeds: (variable) from 20 - 1600 RPM
- Longitudinal feeds: 0.0015 to 0.0400 IPR (15)
- Cross feeds: 0.00075 to 0.020 IPR (15)
- Inch thread range: 2 to 72 TPI (38 pitches)
- Metric thread range: 0.4 to 14 mm (40 pitches)
- Modular threads: 0.3 to 3.5 (18 pitches)
- Diametral threads: 8 to 44 (21 pitches)
- Overall dimensions: 169-3/4" W x 27" D x 54-3/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 8712 lbs.
- Fagor 2-axis DRO
- SKF spindle bearings
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Superior Meehanite castings
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- 14" 4-jaw independent chuck D1-8
- 12" 3-jaw scroll chuck mounted to D1-8 plate
- US based customer service and technical support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.