South Bend SB1061PF - 18" x 80" Electronic Variable-Speed Lathe with Fagor DRO
SB1061PF 18" x 80" Electronic Variable-Speed Lathe with Fagor DRO
South Bend quality is built into every one of these fantastic gearhead lathes! Features include universal QC gearbox, extra long saddle for stability, pull out chip pan, and of course, a full compliment of standard equipment that includes 3 & 4-jaw chucks, steady & follow rests, micrometer carriage stop and a lot more.
These South Bend EVS lathes are supplied with an adjustable feed rod clutch and stop collar on the feed rod. This is a great safety feature when working close to the chuck. Set the stop collar so the saddle and tool post are positioned at a safe distance from the chuck and tighten the lock screw. Adjust the feed rod clutch to a low setting. If the carriage comes into contact with the collar, the clutch slips, saving your machine from a serious crash.
The manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy to read manual provides full instructions on how to assemble and maintain your lathe.
Like all South Bend lathes, it comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects.
Parts and accessories for the lathe are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Swing over bed: 18.11"
- Distance between centers: 80"
- Swing over cross slide: 11.02"
- Swing over gap: 27.95"
- Cross slide travel: 11"
- Compound travel: 5.39"
- Spindle nose: D1-8
- Spindle bore: 3.149"
- Spindle taper: MT #7
- Spindle speeds: (EVS), 18-1800 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT #5
- Tailstock travel: 6.5"
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 3"
- Inch threads: (38) 2 to72 TPI
- Metric threads: (40) 0.4 to14 MM
- Modular pitches: (18) 0.3 to 3.5 MP
- Diametral pitches: (21) 8 to 44 DP
- Longitudinal feed range: .0015" to 0.04"
- Cross feed range: 0.00075" to 0.02"
- Spindle motor: 12.5 HP, TEFC induction
- Voltage/Amps: 440V, 3-Phase
- Coolant motor: 1/8 HP, TEFC induction
- Approximate shipping weight: 5866 lbs.
- Fagor DRO
- 12" 3-Jaw Scroll Chuck (Bolt on Jaws)
- 14" D1-8 4-Jaw Independent Chuck
- Chuck Safety Guard with Limit Switch
- 14" Faceplate
- Steady Rest
- Follow Rest
- Halogen Work Light
- Coolant System
- Dead Center MT #5, 2 pcs
- Spindle Center Sleeve MT #7 - MT #5
- Micrometer Carriage Stop
- Three V-way Bed
- Full-Length Splash Guard
- Allen Bradley Controls
- Handwheel Safety Guard
- Sliding Chip Tray
- Yaskawa Inverter
- US based customer service and technical support
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.