Grizzly G9972Z - 11" x 26" Bench Lathe with Gearbox
- Motor: 1 HP
- Swing: 10 in.
- Distance between centers: 26 in.
- Spindle bore: 25 mm
- Spindle type: Threaded
- Speeds: 150 – 2400 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT#3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 2-1/2 in.
- Shipping weight: 560 lbs.
Product Group4" and 7" Bench 8" - 11" Bench 13" and 14" 16" 18" - 21" 34" 38" and 42"
Hover to View Details
G9972Z 11" x 26" Bench Lathe with Gearbox
Another great starter metal lathe with more capacity than typical benchtop lathes!
The G9972Z Bench Lathe is a specially designed machine is an outstanding value and able to take on light duty jobs requiring a 10-1/2" swing, a 25mm spindle bore, and 26" between centers.
And with a 1 HP motor, you'll be able to make quick work of even the most challenging jobs.
The primary purpose of the G9972Z is to make concentric cuts in metal stock. With the lathe, round stock can be made perfectly concentric, threaded, drilled, knurled, bored, tapered, etc.
Square stock can be made into precision round shafts used for axles, spindles, leadscrews, punches, etc.
Feeds and threads to the left only.
The optional G9973, T27838, or T27839 Cabinet Stands allow for a more organized and stable base for turning operations.
This is an awesome value and a lot of lathe for a hobby machinist!
Like all Grizzly lathes, the G9972Z comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects.
The G9972Z manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The Grizzly Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 1 HP, 110V, single-phase
- Swing over bed: 10-1/2"
- Swing over cross slide: 6-3/8"
- Distance between centers: 26"
- Spindle speeds: 6 from 150–2400 RPM
- Spindle bore: 25mm
- Spindle thread: 3/4" x 8 TPI
- Spindle nose taper: MT #4
- Tailstock barrel travel: 2-1/2"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT #3
- Lead screw: 3/4" x 8 TPI
- Compound travel: 3-1/2"
- Cross slide travel: 7"
- Carriage travel: 23"
- Maximum tool size: 1/2"
- Longitudinal feeds: 12, 0.0022–0.0150 IPR
- Inch thread range: 24, 8–56 TPI
- Metric thread range: 10, 0.5–3.0mm
- Overall dimensions: 51" W x 23" D x 19" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 560 lbs.
- Easy-to-read control panel
- Emergency stop
- Long bed accommodates 26" between centers
- Threading dial
- Chip tray and splash guard
- 4-way tool post
- 5" 3-jaw chuck with two sets of jaws
- 6-1/2" 4-jaw chuck with reversible jaws
- Change gears
- Follow rest
- MT#3 and MT#4 dead centers
- Steady rest
- 8" Faceplate
- Tool box and tool kit