A professional grade planer built to exceed your expectations. The helical cutterhead provides quiet operation, better dust collection, and dramatic improvement in finish over straight-knife cutterheads.
We've taken one of the most popular planers ever and built it into an Extreme Machine!
Just look at the features on this monster. Solid cast-iron extension tables make this smooth, surface-ground planer table just short of 5' long! You can't get better support from a planer than that.
The large handwheel makes table movement silky smooth and the super rigid pedestal holds the power controls at a convenient height.
The extra heavy-duty welded steel base also makes for a very stable machine.
The 20" Grizzly 5HP Planer is covered by a 1-year warranty covering parts and against factory defects. (Consumables like blade inserts are not covered.)
A US-based technical team supports the equipment, and parts are available on-line and shipped from a warehouse in Springfield, Missouri.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
Certified to CSA & UL standards
Note on replacement inserts:
- For models manufactured July, 2007 and later, use H9893 replacement inserts.
- For models manufactured June, 2007 and earlier, use H7319 replacement inserts.
- Motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 28A
- Maximum stock width: 20"
- Maximum stock thickness: 8"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Minimum stock length: 7"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/4"
- Cutterhead type: 4-row helical, 96 inserts
- Insert size & type: 15mm x 15mm x 2.5mm, 30° indexable carbide
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Feed rate: 16 & 28 FPM
- Table size with extensions: 20" x 56"
- Dust port size: 5"
- Footprint: 22" x 28"
- Overall dimensions: 39" W x 56" D x 41" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 909 lbs.
- Heavy-duty, ball bearing board return rollers
- Pedestal-mounted control panel
- Adjustable bed rollers
- 4-column support with table locks
- Magnetic switch with thermal overload protection
- Precision-ground, cast-iron table and extension wings
- Anti-kickback fingers
- Powder coated finish