A professional grade planer built to exceed your expectations. Quiet operation and the helical cutterhead makes a dramatic improvement on the wood surface.
We've taken one of the most popular planers ever and built it into an Extreme Machine!
Just look at the features on this monster. Solid cast iron extension tables make this smooth surface ground planer table just short of 5' long! You can't get better support from a planer than that.
The large handwheel makes table movement silky smooth and the super rigid pedestal holds the power controls at a convenient height.
The extra heavy-duty welded steel base also makes for a very stable machine.
The 20" Grizzly 5HP Planer is covered by a 1 year warranty covering parts and against factory defects. (Consumables like blade inserts are not covered.)
A US-based technical team supports the equipment, and parts are available on-line and shipped from a warehouse in Springfield, Missouri.Made in an ISO 9001 Factory
CSA certified meeting CSA C22.2 #71.2-10 and UL 987-8 standards!
- Motor and cutterhead have ball bearings which are shielded and lubricated for life
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction
- Table is precision-ground to a mirror-like finish
- Includes a powerful 5 HP motor and comes with a magnetic switch for overload/power failure protection
- Anti-kickback fingers prevent the board from accidentally backing up
- Dust exhaust hood and cast iron wings are standard
- Hood has 5" dust port
- Powder-coated paint
- Precision-ground infeed and outfeed tables
- Adjustable bed rollers
- Heavy-duty return rollers
- Helical cutterhead
- Motor: 5 HP, 220V, single-phase, 30A
- Table size: 25-3/4" x 20" (56" x 20" with extensions)
- Maximum cutting width: 20"
- Maximum cutting height: 8-5/8"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Minimum length of stock: 7"
- Minimum stock thickness: 1/4"
- Feed rates: 16 & 20 FPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3-1/4"
- Cutterhead speed: 5000 RPM
- Number of Cutter inserts: 96
- Insert Size: 15 x 15 x 2.5mm
- Overall dimensions: 56" L X 39" W X 41"H
- Footprint: 28" x 22"
- Approximate shipping weight: 909 lbs.