W1742H 15" Planer with Mobile Base and Helical Cutterhead
The W1742H 15" Planers are equipped with a pedestal-mounted thermal-overload safety switch, cast-iron extension wings, an enclosed cabinet stand, two-speed gearbox, a helical cutterhead and a built-in mobile base.
You’ll find everything you ever wanted in a 15" planer, including an affordable price.
PLEASE NOTE: For machines manufactured before March 2015, order the D4018 for replacement carbide inserts.
For machines manufactured after April 2015, order the D3379 replacement carbide inserts.
Like all Shop Fox planers, the W1742H comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The W1742H manual was written by the U.S. based Woodstock Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your sander.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts for the planer may be available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 3 HP, 240V, single-phase, 15A
- Maximum cutting width: 15"
- Maximum cutting height: 8"
- Minimum stock width: 3/16"
- Minimum stock length: 8"
- Maximum cutting depth: 1/8"
- Cutterhead type: Spiral with German-made indexable carbide inserts
- Feed Rate: 16 FPM, 30 FPM
- Cutterhead diameter: 3"
- Cutterhead speed: 5,000 RPM
- Table size including wings: 42" L x 15" W x 1-3/4" T
- Number of Indexable Inserts: 74
- Approximate shipping weight: 718 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Spiral cutterhead with German-made indexable carbide inserts
- Built-in, easy-to-use mobile base
- Chip breaker and pressure bar
- Precision-ground cast-iron extension wings
- Pedestal-mounted control switch
- Inch and metric measurement table elevation scale
- Two adjustable bed rollers
- Top-mounted board return rollers
- Four-column support with positive table locks
- Two-speed automatic board feed